Saturday 2 January 2016

12 BLOGS of CHRISTMAS: Day 9


If you're a Christian, why do you love Jesus?

If you're not a Christian, why bother with Jesus?

I discovered Emma Scrivener's blog this year. I was late to the party, because she won 'Blogger of the year' last year at the 'Christian New Media Awards'. I am invariably helped/encouraged/challenged/moved by  Emma's  posts. She is a brilliant writer and that helps. But she has also had her fair share of struggles, which is what makes what she writes so real.

The following blog is more like a poem. As we get used to being in 2016 it's a great reminder of why Jesus is worthy of being at the centre of our hearts and lives this year...


Why I love him

He loved me first.

He’s never too busy.

He treated men and women equally in a time when no-one else did.

Everything I love was made by Him.

He invited me into His family.

He will never abandon me or leave me or hurt me.

He knows me inside-out and still, He stays.

He hates injustice and abuse.

He is Lord over all creation – yet He made Himself a tiny dependent baby.

When the soldiers said, “If you’re God’s son, come down from the cross,” He stayed. For me.

He practised what He preached.

There is no-one like Him.

He was exhausted and persecuted yet He still had compassion on the people who crowded around Him.

Everything He has, He shares with us.

He loves His Dad and tells everyone how much.

He sees what we try to keep hidden and He says, “come into the light.”

He gives everything; including Himself.


'One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.' (Psalm 27:4)


Click HERE to get to Emma's blog.
Click HERE to see the original blog post 'Why I love him'