Friday 1 January 2016

12 BLOGS of CHRISTMAS: Day 8


John Stott was one of the most influential evangelical Christian leaders of the 20th Century. He was a prolific writer, authoring over 50 books, including the bestselling 'Basic Christianity', which has sold over a million copies, and The Cross of Christ which was one of the great re-statements of the significance of the cross.

In his biography of John Stott, 'Basic Christian', Roger Steer shared the Trinitarian prayer Stott sought to start every day with.

You can see the original version HERE (it's a great way to start the day). However, I've adapted it to be a prayer to pray as we enter the new year. 

Why not join me today in praying this for 2016?


Happy new year heavenly Father,
Happy new year Lord Jesus,
Happy new year Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, I worship you as the creator and sustainer of the universe.
Lord Jesus, I worship you, Saviour and Lord of the world.
Holy Spirit, I worship you, sanctifier of the people of God.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may live this year in your presence
and please you more and more.

Lord Jesus, I pray that this year I may take up my cross and follow you.
Holy Spirit, I pray that this year you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Holy, blessed and glorious Trinity, three persons in one God, have mercy upon me. Amen.


Direct Link: http://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/trevinwax/2010/03/21/john-stotts-morning-trinitarian-prayer/